CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

R.I.P. Lucky

So today turned out to be a very interesting day. When I got to school this morning I noticed it was way warmer in the building than usual. When I checked the thermostat in my classroom it was reading 89. We were told that the system was working and the building should be cool in an hour or so. Well, that didn't happen so we suffered through the day. Not only did the heat kill my pretty flowers a student had given me but we also had an animal fatality. Shhhhhhh! The kids don't know. Our little class fish didn't survive the sweltering heat over the holiday weekend. Poor little Lucky.

Lucky the Fish
With it being so close to the end of the year I didn't have the heart to tell the kids about our class pet dying so I am just going to tell them Lucky went home to enjoy his summer vacation a little early.  

Hopefully tomorrow will be a much cooler day at school! Only 12 more days until summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment